The Friends of the Jordan River Watershed a grass roots conservation organization was established in 1990 as a non-profit organization dedicated to the conservation and preservation of the watershed. Over the years, the organization has hosted numerous public information seminars and activities. It networks with a multitude of groups and organizations and mentors students on water quality and natural resource issues. They are tireless advocates for the natural features of the Jordan River Watershed, seeking ways to remediate past abuses and striving to balance sustainable use for the future.
Board of Directors, Nonprofit Documents, and Financial Records
- Preserve the natural character of the river and its watershed.
- Inform and educate the public about FOJ’s activities and issues involving the Jordan River Watershed.
- Protect the water quality throughout the watershed.
- Develop financial resources to carry out FOJ’s mission, goals, and objectives.
- Promote wise resource management on public and private lands within the watershed.
- Facilitate the coordination of the policies and actions of the various individuals, groups, and agencies affecting the environment within the watershed.
- Pursue broad-based support for FOJ’s activities.