2023 Photography Contest – For the 2024 Calendar
Deadline for Submissions is July 31, 2023
Photo contest is open to all photographers- from Amateur to Professional!
Online Photo Submissions
Click the Submit Your Photos Online button below to submit your photographs and pay for your entry fees.
ENTRY COST – $10 per photograph entered. Payments are processed through Stripe.
- $1000 in total cash prizes
- Fifteen (15) prizes will be awarded including:
- Grand Prize ($200), President’s Choice ($100), Youth Photographer ($100), and the Photo of the Month (12 – $50 each)
The rules are simple. All photographs must be taken in the Jordan River Watershed. Open to all.
Photo entries will be only be accepted via online submissions.
Photographers may enter as many times as they want. Youth 18 and under may enter two photos for free.
Submissions will be accepted up to the deadline of July 31, 2023.
The act of submitting photographs in this contest grants the Friends of the Jordan permission to use the images in calendars, merchandise, brochures, educational materials, and on the FJR website. Proceeds from calendar sales support FJR activities.
Complete Contest Information and Rules:
- $10 per photo for photos submitted online. See below for online submission details.
- Youth (under 18) receive 2 free entries, any additional entries require entry fee.
- Contributions (Entry Fees)to the Friends of the Jordan River Watershed, Inc. are tax-deductible under section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code.
Photo Format/Content Requirements:
- Photographs must be taken within the Jordan River Watershed and may depict any aspect of the environment, plants, animals, scenery, activities, and seasons. Photos must be taken by the entrant and be taken within the boundaries of the Jordan River Watershed.
- ONLY horizontal photos 8” x 10” or 8.5” x 11” will be accepted. Vertical, square, or other images will not be accepted. Entry fees will not be returned for ineligible images.
- Digital images should be submitted at the highest quality possible, and in a JPEG format.
- If photos include people, it is the photographer’s responsibility to obtain permission from the person and/or guardian to use the likeness of the person within the photo prior to submission. Photographer assumes liability of using a person’s likeness in their photo in submitting their photo to this contest and releases FJR, or its agents, from any liability.
- Photos should not include a watermark as this may be distracting to the beauty of the Jordan River Water image. Credit for winning photos will be shown in the calendar.
- There is no limit to how many photos a photographer may submit.
- By entering the contest, you agree that the Friends of the Jordan River (FJR) may publish your photograph, digital images, and name, which may be used in promotional materials and merchandise to support the Friends of the Jordan River. Photographer retains personal rights to use the photo in other capacities.
- We reserve the right to make minor editing modifications to get the best results for the calendar, but the photos will be judged as entered.
- The Visions of the Valley Celebration & Award Ceremony will be held at the Jordan River Watershed Building, 101 Union St, East Jordan, MI 49727, timing of this event will be announced later but will take place in early Fall. All photographers, guests, and community are invited to come celebrate the amazing photo entries during a reception and award announcement.
- Each photographer is only eligible for 1 award.
- Fifteen (15) cash prizes will be awarded ranging from $50 to $200 for a total of $1,000 in prizes.