2019 Photography Contest
Deadline for Submissions is July 22.
All entries must be received by 5pm Monday, July 22. Please note the earlier submission deadline this year
2020 Calendar Theme: Seasons of the Watershed
Award Ceremony: August 17, 2019, 1pm – 3pm
Watershed Center, 101 Union St., East Jordan, MI 49727
Photo contest is open to all photographers- from Amateur to Professional!
Mailing address to submit photos: Friends of the Jordan Photo Contest, PO Box 412, East Jordan, MI 49727
Drop off in person at The Jordan Valley Animal Clinic, or to any board member.
Submit Online by clicking below.
Online Photo Submissions
Simply fill out the registration form and upload your photos. Pay by credit card right on the form.
$10 per photo entry for online entries. Payments are processed through Stripe.
One registration form required for each photographer. (See notes on how to include more than 8 entries).
We will print the photos on your behalf. See the 2019 Photo Contest Rules for more information on online submission requirements.
Hard Copy Submissions
Download a form below to submit photos in hard copy.
Include a check with your submission or pay by credit card below. $5 per photo for hard copy submissions.
Mailing address to submit photos: Friends of the Jordan Photo Contest, PO Box 412, East Jordan, MI 49727. Or drop off in person at: The Jordan Valley Animal Clinic, or to any board member. See 2019 Photo Contest Rules for more information on mailing in submissions.
Pay by credit card for photos you are submitting in hard copy by clicking on the button below. Simply enter in the total amount for all of your submissions as your donation total, leave us a comment that it is for photo fees, and complete the payment. On your hard-copy registration form, you will be able to indicate that you paid online. You can pay for more than one photographer at the same time.
Download/Open this file to your computer and open in Acrobat Reader. Type your answers in the blue boxes. The form will fill in any repeating information (such as your name and if you are a student.) Print form when completed and attach strips to each image.
Having any issues with the fillable form? Print this blank version and fill out by hand.
The rules are simple. All photographs must be taken in the Jordan River Watershed. Open to all. Simply enter an unmatted 8” x 10” horizontal print, a $5 per photo entry fee for submitting printed photos. Submit photos online for $10 each and we will take care of the printing and delivery for you.
Below you’ll also find complete contest details. Photographers may enter as many times as they want. Youth 18 and under may enter two photos for free. Submission deadline is Monday, July 22 . Photos must be in our mailbox, or dropped off at the Jordan Valley Animal Clinic in East Jordan, or given directly to a board member by end of business on Monday.
Entries become property of Friends of the Jordan, who may use images in calendars, merchandise, brochures, educational materials and on the FOJ website. Proceeds from calendar sales support FOJ activities.
Complete Contest Information and Rules:
- $5 per photo when submitted in hard copy (drop off or mailed).
- $10 per photo for photos submitted online. Visit FriendsoftheJordan.org.
- Youth (under 18) receive 2 free entries, any additional entries are charged.
- Contributions to the Friends of the Jordan River Watershed, Inc. are deductible under section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code.
- One check or online payment can be made for multiple submission and photographers.
- If you pay online and submit in person, please provide a copy of your receipt. If you do not have a printer available to print the receipt, include a note that you paid online with your submission.
Photo Format/Content Requirements:
- ONLY horizontal photos 8” x 10” or 8.5” x 11” will be accepted. Vertical, square, or other images will not be accepted. Entry fees will not be returned for ineligible images.
- Do NOT write on the back of your photo with ink or felt tip as it may show through. Use light pencil if you wish to label your photo other than the paper label.
- Online submissions: please make sure to send the highest quality version available. If sending images from a mobile device, make sure to submit an uncompressed/original size photo. Note: Images saved from Facebook and then submitted do not print well. Please send the original file.
- If photos include people, it is the photographer’s responsibility to obtain permission to use the photo from the person and/or guardian before submitting.
- Photographs must be taken within the Jordan River Watershed area and may depict any aspect of the environment, plants, animals, scenery, activities, any season. Photos must be taken by the entrant and be taken within the boundaries of the Jordan River Watershed.
- There is no limit to how many photos a photographer can submit.
- Printed photos (8×10, horizontal, on photo paper, unmatted) can be submitted in person to the Jordan Valley Animal Clinic or given to any board member.
- Photos can be mailed to Friends of the Jordan Photo Contest, PO Box 412, East Jordan, MI 49727. Make sure to package your photo so that it is not damaged in transit.
- We appreciate digital copies of your work in addition to the printed copy, if possible. You can email full-size photo copies to firstname.lastname@example.org, or include a CD or flash drive with your submission. Online entries meet this request.
- By entering the contest, you agree that the Friends of the Jordan may publish your photograph, digital images, and name, which may be used in promotional materials and merchandise to support the Friends of the Jordan River Watershed. Photographer retains personal rights to use the photo in other capacities.
- Winning photos become property of FOJ and will not be returned. We display these images throughout the year. Other photos can be returned to the photographer, after the award ceremony, by providing a self-addressed stamped envelope.
- We reserve the right to make minor editing to get the best results for the calendar, but the photos will be judged and exhibited as entered. Digital images will not be edited for print quality before judging (for example, dark images will not be lightened, redeye will not be removed). After judging, we will scan printed images when a digital file is not included with the submission, which may require minor editing such as cropping to meet the printer’s specifications.
- Winning photos will be featured as a photo for the month in the 2020 calendar.
- Most photo entries will appear throughout the calendar in thumbnail size.
- Each photographer is only eligible for 1 award.
- There will be a People’s Choice Award based on online voting. The People’s Choice Award Competition will run in late July/early August. Follow us on Facebook to make sure you don’t miss the announcement and voting time.
- Over $1200 in awards.