2018 Photography Contest
THEME: Wonders of the Watershed
DEADLINE: August 10, 2018
MAILING ADDRESS FOR SUBMISSIONS: PO Box 412, East Jordan, MI 49727
AWARD CEREMONY: September 22, 1 – 4pm at the Watershed Center, 101 Union St., East Jordan, MI 49727
Click the button above to register online and pay via PayPal. (You may also fill out this registration form to pay online and submit your photos by mail, or submit photos on this form, but mail in a check. Many options for your convenience!)
Print and fill out the above submission form for each photo entry. Mail photos to address included below.
The rules are simple. All photographs must be taken in the Jordan River Watershed. Open to all. Simply enter an unmatted 8” x 10” horizontal print, a $5 per photo entry fee for submitting printed photos. New this year! OR submit photos online only an extra $2 per photo ($7 total per photo submission) and we will take care of the printing and delivery for you! Below you’ll also find complete contest details. Photographers may enter as many times as they want. Youth 18 and under may enter two photos for free. Submission deadline is Friday, August 10. Photos must be in our mailbox, or dropped off at the Jordan Valley Animal Clinic in East Jordan, or given directly to a board member by end of business on Friday.
Entries become property of Friends of the Jordan, who may use images in calendars, merchandise, brochures, educational materials and on the FOJ website. Proceeds from calendar sales support FOJ activities.
- The competition is open to all photographers.
- Photographs must be taken within the Jordan River Watershed area and may depict any aspect of the environment, plants, animals, scenery, activities, any season. Photos must be taken by the entrant and be taken within the boundaries of the Jordan River Watershed.
- Photos must be submitted as UNMATTED PRINTS in landscape format, horizontal Images only will be accepted. Send submissions to Friends of the Jordan River Watershed, Inc. PO Box 412, East Jordan, Michigan 49727. We MUST have a print to accept an entry.
- A digital file to accompany the print is requested, if available. You may enclose on a CD or Email a full size file to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submission form is also available online to pay and submit a digital copy of your image.
- A $5.00 entry fee and completed entry form must accompany each entry.
- Under age 18 may enter up to 2 photographs for free. There is no limit to the number of entries you may submit.
- By entering the contest you agree that the Friends of the Jordan may publish your photograph and name and use both in promotional materials and merchandise to support the Friends of the Jordan River Watershed.
- The winning photographs become property of the Friends of the Jordan and will not be returned. Others may be returned by making arrangements to pick them up or by sending a self addressed stamped envelope.
- We will scan the photos to meet the printer’s specifications. We reserve the right to make minor editing such as cropping to get the best results for the calendar but the photos will be judged and exhibited as entered.
- Awards will be presented at an event scheduled for September 22, 1-4, 2018 at the Jordan River Watershed Center.
- Winners will be announced in local media and on our website.